Thursday, September 21, 2006

The results.

I'm trying to decide if this is better or worse than a torn cruciate.

The new vet at the practice finally managed to track down the source of Chandler's mysterious appearing and disappearing lameness. It wasn't his knee as we had feared; unfortunately it's not panosteitis either. His right hip is not very solid. The vet said he didn't have any problems repeatedly popping it out of socket while Chandler was anesthetized. I'll have to decide if I want to get him OFA'd or PennHIPed to get a better idea of what is going on. It actually doesn't seem to bother him unless he really jars it, and he's been put on joint supplements in hopes that they will help.

I'm not sure why this wasn't caught when the x-rays were first taken. This whole fiasco caused me to rest him and now he's lost much of his supportive muscle.


At least his MDR1 just came back as normal/normal. He should be ivermectin etc safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment