Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Advanced Beginner's Agility Week 4

Overall, it was a better week. Honestly, I slacked off on training Chandler except for attention exercises, and it seems to have helped. Maybe it was the two week hiatus because of the snow cancellation.

Anyway, we got there early, and I took him into the bathroom so he wouldn't be overly stimulated by the previous class finishing their lesson. I took this time to do a bunch of "look at me, and then go find the thrown treat, and then look at me, and then go find the thrown treat...etc...etc exercises. The upshot is that he was more focused on me in class, and we had less whining and crying because we were busy working on his attention. His steering ended up being a little better too, and now that I finally had some time to watch the other students, at least some of them have similar problems, so I don't feel too bad.

Now I can't wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment